The Hotel is a destination within a destination, built from the ruins of an old Italian fish factory in the iconic setting of Porto Ercole, located in the lush and genuine Mediterranean coast of Tuscany.
Through indigenous experiences and authentic culinary delights that tell the story of Tuscany, matched with an array of moments that stimulate and relax your body and mind: The Hotel experience will be memorable.
When you experience The Hotel, you awaken your body and mind and leave enriched with unexpected Tuscan surprises.
The Hotel will be known for its understated luxury and authentic Tuscan Experience.
Our definition of understated luxury…
- Our guests will experience a highly personalized level of service, however always with a genuine, authentic discreet style.
- We will welcome our guests as if they are at “home”, get to know their needs, passions and interests.
- We will be able to anticipate the needs our guests may have and always try to offer an extra personal touch at every encounter.
- Every encounter will be ”a moment of truth” where the values and style of The Hotel will come to life.
- Understated luxury will also be defined by the elegant, discreet design of The Hotel and by the high- quality furniture and fittings: quality is embedded in every detail but without “showing off”.
The Hotel is nested in one of the most beautiful settings along the Tuscan coast: the iconic Monte Argentario.
During your stay in The Hotel you will discover this beautiful part of the country, one of the best Italian seaside locations, with its rocky coast and rich Mediterranean vegetation. Just beside the village you have Feniglia; one of the longest and untouched sand beaches in this part of Italy framed by crystal blue sea creating a canvas of colours like no others: from dark to turquoise to very light blue and bright green.
You can enjoy a private boat tour around the coast or to the beautiful islands nearby Monte Argentario, like Giannutri and Giglio; two real gems. Porto Ercole is also the perfect destination if your passions are walking, trekking or riding bikes. You can find mountains for trekking with marked paths and bike circuits with most of the Monte Argentario connected by bicycle lanes.
The two cities composing Monte Argentario are Porto Ercole, where The Hotel is located, and Porto Santo Stefano – few minutes away – two very authentic Italian “Borghi” full of history and characterized by the Spanish fortresses that dominates the two cities.
Monte Argentario is situated in the southwest part of Tuscany, in the region called “Maremma”. Close by you can visit Capalbio, with its Tarots Garden – an absolute must-see – Orbetello the medieval Etruscan town on the lagoon – a very unique setting – Pitigliano the town of tuff rocks and Saturnia, world famous for its thermal waters.
Porto Ercole is very close to some of the most important Italian landmark cities: Rome (just one hour and 15 minutes away by car), Florence, Siena and Pisa.
Staying in The Hotel means that you have the opportunity to experience a unique holiday surrounded by nature, history, authentic Italian food, wine and traditions.